Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Move it back...

Decision time.

As usual, I was in meetings and running all day. The builder was calling, texting and emailing me, I didn't see any of the messages until it was too late. When I saw Heather tonight she let me know "we moved the house back three feet." OK...

Well, we have a big tree and we are trying not to lose it so we needed to move the house back. The backyard gets smaller and the front yard stays huge, I love it. Front yard neighborhood anyway, that's why we have the cool front porch. Now we have to make sure the steps don't walk right into the tree. More on that later...

They surveyed the lot and put down stakes for the foundation. Looks like they are pouring piers tomorrow (we have a commercial grade foundatation not post tension). Hope it doesn't rain. Probably overkill from what some people say but when you have an Aggie engineer for a builder, nothing but the best.

Oh, and by the way. You can get this thing for your bathtub that keeps the water warm. $300 is a small price to pay to keep your bathwater warm. Later.

No comments: