Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Would we do this again??

Now that we are out of the middle of it...the answer would probably have to be...yes! If you asked me 2 months ago - no way! (would have been more like it.) I hated all the decisions that you have to make but there is one thing that I would have liked to have put more thought in to...where the light switches went. Although, on some of the placements we didn't really have a lot of choices because we put in A LOT of pocket doors. Did I mention? I love pocket doors! Bo hates pocket doors - but I won that argument... We leave the doors open all the time anyway, why not have the extra space, right?!?

Anyway, we closed on the final loan yesterday and I think that it finally feels like it's ours. Yeah!

Still a few more things that need to be done/fixed:

-ice maker is broken
-scratches on a couple of doors
-alarm sensor on the windows upstairs
-weather stripping on the back door
-a little paint touch up
-restrictor in the guest bath shower - brrrrrr!
-unpack the rest of my boxes and hang stuff on the walls!

I'm still a little timid about putting nails into my new walls. I'll get over that soon, I'm sure. And, unfortunately, my stupid dog already broke in the carpet in the gameroom AND the guestroom. Yes, she is a stupid dog but we love her.

I'm sure that this won't be the LAST post but it may be awhile before we post again.

Tata for now!

No comments: